I devote my practice to representing employees in benefit disputes, contract claims, unemployment insurance appeals, discrimination, harassment, and retaliation suits, and other employment cases. I listen to my clients and carefully develop goal-oriented plans starting with the first consultation. Communication is essential, and I counsel clients on all options throughout the litigation process. I have successfully litigated appeals to the Wisconsin Court of Appeals, Wisconsin Supreme Court, and the 7th Circuit Court of Appeals. I draw from my decade of experience in state, federal, and administrative venues, as well as my knowledge of the Family and Medical Leave Act, Title VII, Wisconsin Fair Employment Act, Americans with Disabilities Act, Employee Income Retirement Security Act, Sarbanes Oxley, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, Equal Pay Act, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, False Claims Act, and other employment laws.
Areas of Practice:
- Employment Law
- Long-Term Disability Benefits
- Employment Discrimination, Harassment, and Retaliation
- Unemployment Insurance
- Contracts, Non-Competes and Restrictive Covenants
- Whistleblower and False Claims Act
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin
- Marquette University Law School, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Missouri
Honors: Magna Cum Laude
Major: Psychology and Political Science
Professional Honors and Awards:
- 2015 – 2018 Super Lawyers, Rising Star
- 2014 Wisconsin Law Journal, Up & Coming Lawyer
- Wisconsin Volunteer Lawyers Project
Watch my PBS Video: “Benefits in Doubt” regarding unemployment insurance benefits.
Read my Unemployment Insurance Blog.